Your physician can help you determine whether you have a sleep disorder or not. If you answer yes to any of the
questions in the Self Evaluation Quiz below, you may have a sleep disorder:
- Have you been told that you snore loudly or quit breathing while you sleep?
- Do you wake up with headaches, fogginess, achy muscles, dry mouth or heartburn?
- Do you fall sleep easily during the day, while pricing or during physical activity?
- Are you very tired or sleep during the day or have a hard time concentrating or staying awake?
- Are you overweight or gaining weight?
- Do you toss and turn, jerk or kick or are otherwise restless during sleep?
- Do you have high blood pressure, heart disease or pain in your bones or joints?
- Do you wake frequently for no apparent reason?
- Do you sweat excessively or have a pounding or irregular heartbeat during the night?
- Do you sleepwalk or talk in your sleep?